"Background Radiation" Dark Ambient Sound Pack for microKORG and MS2000
West Coast Textures, Dystopian, Dark Ambient, SciFi, Deep focus, Investigative, and Contemplative.
Explore the dark meditative side of your original microKORG, microKORG S, or MS2000 synthesizer.
These patches are a collection of long-sustaining drones, pads, and mellow arpeggios. There are also a few utility drum sounds (bass drum, snare, hi-hat, etc.) at the end of the pack. The arpeggio sounds can also be used with an external step sequencer by simply turning off the patch's arpeggiator.
This sound pack contains 128 custom sound patches for the original Korg microKORG, microKORG S, and MS2000 synthesizers. To use this sound pack, you will need one of these synthesizers, a computer, two 5-pin MIDI cables, and a traditional 5-pin MIDI interface for your computer.
NOTE: THIS SOUND PACK WILL NOT WORK WITH THE MICROKORG XL or R3 synthesizers.
PURCHASE & DELIVERY INSTRUCTIONS
• Add this product to your shopping cart, and follow the instructions for completing the purchase.
• After you have completed your purchase, a "Thank You" page will appear with a link for downloading a *.ZIP file containing the sound pack files. In addition, you will also receive an email message with a link to the digital file.
• The link will be active for 30-days.
• Click on the link to download the *.ZIP file to your computer.
• Double-click on the *.ZIP file to decompress it to show the folders and sound files
These sound patches will overwrite the sounds on your synthesizer, so make sure you have backed up your sounds either as a SysEx dump or by using one of the microKORG or MS2000 librarian apps available from Korg and other companies. See your owner's manual for instructions on backing up your saved patches.
This sound bank is provided in the following digital formats (all contain identical patch data):
- MicroKorg Sound Editor (MacOX / OSX)
- MicroKorg Sound Editor (Windows)
For best results, make sure your synthesizer is configured to receive patch data from your computer. You will need to disable write-protect and turn off the MIDI filter for SysEx data.
- Disable Memory Write Protect. Press Shift+8 buttons, then turn the #1 knob all the way down until the display reads, "oFF"
- Disable SysEx MIDI Filter. Press Shift+4 buttons, then turn the #4 parameter edit knob until the display reads, "E-E". This means that System Exclusive Data is set to "Enable", meaning that SysEx data will be transmitted and received.
- Disable Memory Protect. Press GLOBAL buttons and then use the PAGE +/- buttons to locate the "Memory Protect" page. Use the LEFT/RIGHT curser and -/+ buttons to set this to "Off".
- Disable SysEx MIDI Filter. Press GLOBAL buttons and then use the PAGE +/- buttons to locate the "MIDI FILTER SystemEx" page. Use the LEFT/RIGHT curser and -/+ buttons to set this to "ENA". This means that System Exclusive Data is set to "Enable", meaning that SysEx data will be transmitted and received.
The SysEx files can be used by loading them into a MIDI track on your DAW, and playing the MIDI into your microKORG or MS2000 synthesizer. Alternately, you can load the SysEx files into a dedicated SysEx data transfer app such as SysEx Librarian (MacOS) or MIDI-OX (Windows), and use the app to transmit to the data to your synthesizer. Make sure you have the correct MIDI interface and MIDI channel selected in your computer software.
MicroKorg Sound Editor (MacOX / OSX)
You can download this app from the Korg website. Launch the application, and open the sound pack file for MacOS/OSX microKORG Sound Editor. Once the sound pack file is loaded, select all the patches you wish to load, and TRANSMIT them to your microKORG (MIDI menu > Transmit).
MicroKorg Sound Editor (Windows)
You can download this app from the Korg website. Install and launch the app. Use the HELP menu to make sure you have properly configured the software.
If you receive the error message: "ERROR: Can't receive MIDI Message from the Device", then make sure that the MICI Clock is set to EXTERNAL and Local Control is set to ON for the currently selected sound program. Additional information about this issue may be found on the Gearslutz forum:
DISCLAIMERS & NOTIFICATIONS
Note: "microKorg” and "MS2000" are trademarks of Korg, Inc. Oversynth is in no way affiliated with Korg.
This sound pack is copyright (C) 2020 Oversynth LLC. We do not allow other people to sell this items as a sound pack. You are however free to use any sounds or sequences from this sound pack in your own compositions for personal or commercial use.