"OverCycles" Sound Pack for Elektron Model:Cycles
Expand on the possibilities of your Model:Cycles and go deep into the heart of FM madness.
This sound pack is a collection of sounds and sequencer patterns that you load into your Elektron Model:Cycles FM Groovebox. The pack includes a SysEx file containing 16 sequencer patterns, each with 6 original sounds. The 96 individual sounds are also presented as kits and individual sounds in 'mc-pst' format that can be loaded onto each track using Elektron’s ‘Transfer’ app (available from the Elektron website).When you unzip the compressed OverCycles sound pack archive, you will see three items:- This text document- A SysEx file that includes all the sounds and sequences in a single project. Use the sequence patterns in this project to get an idea on how each sound can be used, but you can also use these patterns as starting points for developing your own musical ideas!- An ‘OverCycles’ folder, containing three subfolders. Each subfolder contains all 96 sounds, however they are arranged slightly differently. The ‘All SNDS’ folder contains all 96 sounds in a single folder. The ‘Kits’ folder contains 16 additional subfolders, one subfolder for each kit (kits are numbered according to the pattern sequence number). The ‘SND Type’ folder contains subfolders that organize the sounds into a few different categories (Bass Drum, Snare, Bass, Hats, etc.).
Notes About The Sounds And Patterns:
- Some sounds are intended be used in tracks that are transposed up or down from the default track settings in order to play as intended. In particular, some 'Bass' sounds need to be transposed -12 or -24 semitones. To access the Track settings, press [FUNCTION} + [Track] on your Model:Cycles.
- A few of the bass drum sounds are panned hard left and right. This is intentional as they are used more as textural sounds on the generative style tracks.
- Sequencer patterns 13 to 16 make heavy use of the Track Chance setting for the purpose of creating generative music. These patterns can be played continuously and each time they will generate slightly different sequence patterns.
PURCHASE & DELIVERY INSTRUCTIONS
• Add this product to your shopping cart, and follow the instructions for completing the purchase.
• After you have completed your purchase, a "Thank You" page will appear with a link for downloading a *.ZIP file containing the sound pack files. In addition, you will also receive an email message with a link to the digital file.
• The link will be active for 30-days.
• Click on the link to download the *.ZIP file to your computer.
• Double-click on the *.ZIP file to decompress it to show the folders and sound files
TRANSFERRING INDIVIDUAL SOUNDS TO YOUR MODEL:CYCLES
• Download the latest version of the "Transfer" application from https://www.elektron.se/support/?connection=transfer#resources
• Connect your Model:Cycles to your computer via USB, and launch the Transfer Application.
• Use Transfer to select or create the folder directory where you want to load the sounds.
• Drag folders or individual sounds over the Transfer app and the sounds will be automatically loaded onto your Model:Cycles.
• After the sounds have been transferred, they are ready to be used.
LOADING SOUNDS INTO A TRACK
NOTE: See the Model:Cycles owner's manual for complete instructions on how to load sounds into a track.
• Select one of the six tracks on the Model:Cycles by pressing on the track's performance pad.
• Press the [FUNCTION} + [MACHINES] buttons to open the Preset menu.
• Use the [Data] push-encoder and the [Back] button to navigate to the desired folder that was loaded via the Transfer Application as described above.
• To load an individual sound to the selected track, navigate to the desired sound and simply click on it with the [Data] push-encoder. The loaded sound name will now display as a black background with white text.
• To load a complete kit with all 6 sounds into their respective tracks, open the "Kits" folder and navigate to the folder containing one of the kits. Using the [Data] push-encoder, press and hold on the kit's folder name until a menu appears that gives the option to load the whole directory. Select 'Yes' to load all 6 sounds.
• Enjoy. :-)
TRANSFERRING THE ENTIRE SysEX PROJECT TO YOUR MODEL:CYCLES
• To transfer the SysEx file containing the project data, you will need a computer running a DAW or dedicated SysEx transfer software. On the Mac, we recommend SysEx Librarian. For PC, we recommend using MIDI-OX.
• On the Model:Cycles, make sure you save your current project so you don’t lose your sound and sequencer data. Next, load a new empty project. [SETTINGS] —> PROJECT —> NEW. The SysEx data will be loaded into the currently active project so make sure you’re OK with overwriting the currently active project. Make sure your Model:Cycles is ready to receive MIDI data from your computer: [SETTINGS] —> MIDI —> PORTS —> INP FROM = USB
• Connect your Model:Cycles to your computer via USB, and launch the DAW or SysEx transfer software
• Transmit the SysEx data to your Model:Cycles. There are only 16 patterns from Bank A in this sound pack, so you can stop the data transfer after the display on the Model:Cycles indicates that it has loaded the first 16 patterns.
• Once the data has been loaded, you should be able to play each of the 16 patterns, along with all the sounds for each pattern.
• Enjoy. :-)
DISCLAIMERS & NOTIFICATIONS
Note: "Model:Cycles” is a trademark of Elektron Music Machines. Oversynth is in no way affiliated with Elektron.
This sound pack is copyright (C) 2020 Oversynth LLC. We do not allow other people to sell this items as a sound pack. You are however free to use any sounds or sequences from this sound pack in your own compositions for personal or commercial use.