"Balla" Overlay For Synthstrom Deluge
Updated for V4 Firmware: Shortcuts for Euclidean Sequencing and Sequencer Direction.
This is an overlay that you place over the front panel faceplate of your Synthstrom Deluge synthesizer/sampler/sequencer/groovebox.
This design has a white background and color bands along the left side of the grid pads. If you want more color around the pads for better visibility in low light, the "White MaxColors" design may be of interest.
The artwork on this overlay uses high contrast graphics and large fonts for easy viewing in low light.
- Encoders are color-coded (Vertical Scroll = purple, Horizontal Scroll = orange, Lower Parameter = blue, Upper Parameter = green, Select = red, and Tempo = yellow). Note that the color coding used for the encoders is unrelated to any similar colors that are used in the grid pad area.
- “Cheat-Notes” are provided for many of the Deluge’s commands using a simple cipher code to describe the function of the encoders. Pushing an encoder like a button is indicated by a square shape. Turning the encoder is indicated by a circle shape. Pushing & Turning an encoder is indicated by a star shape. Using this cipher, along with the color-coding on the encoders allows for many Deluge functions to be documented on the front panel with short phrases. For example, nudging a clip horizontally is accomplished by pressing the (purple) Vertical Scroll encoder while turning the (orange) Horizontal Scroll encoder. With the cipher, this control combination is expressed simply as a “purple square + orange circle” phrase that is printed with two colored shapes and a ‘plus’ sign on the overlay. Please note, we also sell a “Deluge Command Guide“ ebook for your cellphone that uses this cipher to document many more Deluge functions
- Shift functions are indicated by reverse text beneath the associated control.
- Synthesizer parameters in the edit matrix are indicated with large text above each pad so the label can be read while your finger is hovering over the pad.
- Synthesizer parameter pads are grouped according to their function. For example, all the “OSC1” and “Sample 1” parameters are indicated with the same color, all LFO parameters have the same color, etc.
- Individual parameters that are default mapped to the Upper (green) or Lower (blue) parameter dials are indicated with either a blue or green background in the parameter editing matrix. This makes it a little easier to locate these parameters during sound design, and also serve as reminders when editing a sound that these parameters are already mapped to the encoders for parameter automation, etc.
- To help with beatmaking, the pads in every 4th column of the grid are indicated with horizontal hash marks along the left-side. This makes it easier to locate the first beat for every measure when using a 4/4 time signature.
- The grid pads corresponding to the alphanumeric keyboard are indicated with large, bold text and high-contrast coloring.
The overlay is printed on a highly durable, waterproof, and 100% recyclable polyester sheet (not vinyl, fiber, or plant-based). The matte finish is designed to minimize reflections from ambient light for maximum readability. If the overlay becomes dirty, we recommend gently wiping it down with a soft cloth moistened with water. We do not recommend cleaning the overlay with isopropyl alcohol as this may damage the artwork. Based on our testing, the following substances will severely damage the artwork if left on the surface for an extended period of time: tea tree oil, acetone, nail polish remover, bleach, household cleaners, and hand sanitizer.
To install the overlay, simply remove any previously installed overlays. Then, remove the knobs from the front panel of your Deluge using an M1.5 (metric) hex key / allen wrench to loosen each knob’s set-screw. Next, remove the backing from the adhesive strips on the back side of the overlay. Then, simply place the overlay over the Deluge’s front panel, and gently press down to secure the adhesive strips. The adhesive strips are low-tack and easily removable if needed. Finally, re-install the Deluge’s knobs. Note that the gold knobs go on the “Upper” and “Lower” Parameter, and “Output Level” controls. The “Output Level” control has a little circular indent on the top.
Our products are custom manufactured in small batches based on customer demand. Most orders are shipped within 3-5 business days of payment, however in some rare cases it may take up to 2-weeks to process your order. If a shipment delay is expected, then we will contact you to provide an update on your order.
This product is made in the USA and ships from Portland, Oregon. International customers are responsible for paying all import duty and custom clearance fees for their country.
Note: This is an aftermarket product. The product includes the overlay only and does not include a Synthstrom Deluge synthesizer. Oversynth is in no way affiliated with Synthstrom Audible Limited.